Even what seems a minor problem can already make everyday activities difficult for seniors and could have a huge impact on their physical and mental health. This is why it is highly recommended for seniors to hire a caregiver in Southern, California so they can have someone to assist them in their daily living activities.
One of the most common problems that the elderly face is mobility issues. Having limited mobility may affect their quality of life, and as family members, you can help them still live their best life despite having limited mobility. Here are some ways:
- Work with a physical therapist. If you have a hectic schedule due to your job, you can always look for a driving caregiver who can drive your loved ones to a therapist’s office so they can receive a proper treatment plan to improve their strength and mobility. But if your senior parent finds it challenging to go out, you can always schedule weekly in-home visits with your chosen physical therapists.
- Find a proper mobility device that they can use daily. There isn’t a single device that works for everyone, so make sure to find the best device that can meet your loved one’s mobility needs.
- Encourage them to do some light exercises to strengthen their core and arms.
- Install safety equipment in their home, especially in the bathroom or places near drawers and cabinets.
- Always keep their home free of clutter to avoid slip and fall accidents.
When it comes to elderly care, we at American Quality Care For The Elderly are the ones you can rely on.