A report from the CDC found that an estimated 48.6 percent of Americans used at least one prescription in one month. And most of them are having a hard time managing multiple medications. That is why if you have a senior loved one who takes multiple medications, make sure to assist them in medication monitoring.
Drug interactions happen when the combination of medication with other substances alters the medication’s effect on the body and can also cause the medication to be less potent or result in harmful side effects. Here are some ways you can do to prevent drug interaction:
- Limit alcohol intake and talk to your pharmacist
- Know the purpose of each medication you intake
- Fill all your prescriptions at the same pharmacy to avoid confusion
- Know how to take the drug by reading your doctor’s instructions carefully
- Be suspicious of supplements, especially those that are not FDA-approved
Looking for a reliable home care agency in Southern, California, then you have come to the right place. Our team of care professionals can provide you with the assistance you need daily.
American Quality Care For The Elderly is your trusted expert when it comes to elderly care. Our services are tailor-made to each individual, from recovery to continued care and companionship. Our home care agency offers to monitor medication, physical therapy, personal hygiene, meal preparation, doctor visits, shopping, and errands along with light housekeeping.